SNAP (Food and Nutrition Assistance)


Para ver esta página en Español, haga clic aquí.

Nearly 1 million Arizonans are enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps. SNAP helps limited-income individuals and families expand their budgets to purchase food. SNAP can be used to buy foods like fruits, vegetables, and meats at grocery stores, convenience stores, as well as farmers’ markets. It can also be used to purchase seeds and plants that produce food.

To determine if you qualify, click here to go to Arizona Self Help
for a free, confidential screening.

To apply online, click here.  You can also use this site to apply
for TANF Cash Assistance and AHCCCS (Medicaid).


For more information on SNAP eligibility and free help applying for SNAP, contact a local SNAP Application Assister.
Search below for a location nearest you.

      In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

      Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

      To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

      (1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
      Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
      1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

      (2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; or

      (3)       email:

      This institution is an equal opportunity provider.