Become an Advocate
The Arizona Community Action Association advocates for public policy that supports and promotes well being and self-sufficiency of all Arizonans. We work collaboratively with partners across the state to ensure:
- Fair and affordable energy costs
- Access to emergency utility assistance
- Availability of asset development and financial assistance programs
- Food security programs and
- Affordable housing
Among the issues that have our attention:
- Utility rate increases
- The Arizona State and Federal Budget
- Funding for Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Weatherization funding
- Community Service Block Grant (CSBG) funding
- Supplemental Food and Nutrition Program (SNAP) funding
As we monitor issues of local, statewide and national interest and importance opportunities arise for the community to participate in advocacy alongside us. When that happens, we contact our Advocates and provide the resources needed to reach out to elected officials, community leaders, and other influencers. In addition, we periodically offer training to equip our Advocates.
If you are interested in becoming an ACAA Advocate, you can sign up by clicking on the button below.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.